I recently bought a package of retro DOS games from a friend. I found this the ideal challenge to find out how to get them to run in Windows 11.
So here is what needs to be done:
- Install Anno1602 (It doesn’t show it but if you go to window overview you can see that the Windows internal copy feature is used to copy aka install the game, there is no progress bar during Setup installing the game whatsoever!
- Download and install the Anno1602 Win2000/XP Patch:
- Change Settings in the Settings App of the game to the following:
- high video quality
- show hardware mouse cursor
- enable music
- enable sfx
- Screen resolution: 1024 x 768
4. Set compatibility mode of the 1602.exe to Win98/WinME
Enjoy the game! 🙂
2 thoughts on “Running Anno 1602 on Windows 11 21H2”
Running the above patch opens a dialogue window requesting the CD for the game and won’t install without it. How did you get the patch to install without the game CD?
I do own the original CD of the game. I never implied otherwise 🙂