When you were among the first who installed the Rockstar Launcher, you’d get GTA 5 San Andreas for free.
But for some reason it would not detect my already installed Max Payne 3 purchased DVD of the game.
Reason for this is, the one in the Rockstar Launcher has a few more DLCs for free included and installs in a different folder name than what was used by the original installation.
This is how you can migrate your installation to the one supplied by the Rockstar Launcher:
- Find the installation folder of your current Max Payne 3.
- Rename the sub-folder to “Max Payne 3 Complete Edition
- Launch the Rockstar Games Launcher > Click on “Install” for Max Payne 3
- Please choose the install location as a folder that has Max Play 3 installed previously.
- Next, click Proceed. The Rockstar Games Launcher should now start the download, but the download bar will move fast skipping all the installed files. Any missing files will be installed.
- Please wait until it is completed as it may take about 30 to 60 minutes depending on your internet connection.
- Delete the .EXE files of the now obsolete non-complete edition
- You can now run Max Payne 3 – The Complete Edition” from the Rockstar Launcher
- It will ask you if you want to move the local savegame to the cloud, you can decide for “Yes” here.