We all know it, badly or only partly translated international versions of foreign services like e.g. QQ or vKontakte (just to name a few).
A while ago I got myself a Weibo account installing and registering with the Weibo International app on iOS as this was the only means I knew contacting somebody at this time.
So when wanting to link my Weibo account to Pixiv I ran into issues. Entering my Weibo# 7082444339 resulted in “wrong username or password”.
Hmm. So I went to Weibo password reset, entered my Weibo# and the Captcha displayed. Resulted in “System is busy, our engineers are working on it, try again later”.
When trying again later it will say “For security reasons, please enter your username instead”.
So how to fix it?
Here is how:
- visit https://www.weibo.com/overseas#
- Login with your Weibo# and password – This will result in an error message saying “Your account hasn’t set a password, please reset the password for login” – Aha finally something we can work with!
- Click on “Forgot Password”
- Enter your mobile phone number that you used when registering for Weibo in the Weibo International app in the following format: “00<country code><your number as dialed from abroad>
Pass the Captcha test.
- It will now ask you to enter a Captcha, but that is wrong. Instead it means to say it will send you a SMS PIN code – once received to your mobile phone enter it (there is a countdown so be quick!)
- Enter your desired account password!
- Success! Now your Weibo International account has a password assigned which can be used to login to Weibo from the homepage or connect to your Pixiv or other accounts! 🙂