Looking upon the internet, there is no definite manual on how to get it working on Windows 10. Just the usual complains that the copy protection sucks and is the cause of all evil.
Anyway, I am running it on Windows 10 x64 2004 with an Nvidia GeForce 1050Ti with latest Game Ready drivers.
First of all what you need is the Westwood Install Fix as written here
We don’t follow the instructions there as they are not correct.
Instead, we do the following:
- Extract the RAR archive.
- Copy the setup folder from the Installer CD into a directory separated from the later game installation directory (this is important or else the game will fail to run later!)
- Overwrite the old SETUP.EXE with the newer one from the RAR archive.
- Run the Setup.EXE and install the game including all components (the shortcut is not needed) in your desired destination folder for the game to house.
- Overwrite the EXPLORER.EXE from the game’s root folder with the one from the RAR archive.
- Refrain from trying to get the latest patch from Westwood to get the game into its recent stage. The Westwood Patch routine won’t work and will fail with “Update Aborted”
Now enjoy and start EMPORER.EXE to play the game! ?